- Open Outlook Express from programs under the start menu.
- Next go to TOOLS across from File at the top in Outlook Express.
(The next steps can vary depending on the your edition of Outlook Express)
- Choose Accounts or E-mail Accounts.
- Now you want to add a new e-mail address.
- Enter in your information.
- Leave any boxes other than remember password UNCHECKED.
- The POP INCOMING MAIL SERVER should be as follows: pop.irtc.net
- The SMTP OUTGOING MAIL SERVER should be as follows: mail.irtc.net
- Your login should be filled in automatically, it is the first part of your e-mail address
- Click Finish
Windows Live Mail
(instructions will slightly vary depending on Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox)
- Go to explore.live.com/windows-live-mail
- Click DOWNLOAD NOW
- Click SAVE (save the file to the desktop it will be called wlsetup-web)
- After downloading click RUN or OPEN (might have to click RUN or OPEN twice)
- Now the setup will open and click CHOOSE PROGRAMS YOU WANT TO INSTALL
- Now uncheck all programs except WINDOWS LIVE MAIL
- Click INSTALL
- Now you will want to locate Windows Live Mail under the start menu.
When setting up the e-mail in Windows, it will go just like Outlook Express except for two differences. Make sure to check the box next to MANUALLY CONFIGURE SERVER SETTINGS FOR E-MAIL ACCOUNT before clicking NEXT on the first page of the setup. On the second page enter the INCOMING POP MAIL SERVER information pop.irtc.net and for the OUTGOING SMTP MAIL SERVER enter mail.irtc.net - - make sure to choose the option that says THIS SERVER REQUIRES CLEAR TEXT AUTHENTICATION.
Windows 8 Mail
** Before beginning, your Microsoft account must be set up.**
- Click on the Mail tile (upper left hand corner of tiles). Will open blue screen with white envelope.
- Bottom left hand corner says "Add your email accounts." Options are: Hotmail, Outlook, Google, AOL, and View All Settings"… click View All Settings.
- "Add an account" screen pops up on right hand side with email options. Click Other Account.
- When the "Add your Other account" window opens, click show more details.
- Fill in email address, username, and password.
- For Incoming (IMAP) email server, type mail.irtc.net.
- Uncheck "Incoming server requires SSL." Port will change to 143 automatically.
- For Outgoing (SMTP) email server, type mail.irtc.net.
- Uncheck "Outgoing server requires SSL." Port will change to 25 automatically.
- Check "Outgoing server requires authentication" and "Use the same username and password to send and receive email."
- Click Connect.
iPhone and iPad
- Click on Settings → Mail, Contacts, and Calendars
- Click Add Account → Other
- Click Add Mail Account.
- Type in…
At the top of next screen, IMAP should be highlighted → switch to POP.
Under Incoming Mail Server,
- Email Address
- Description (should automatically say IRTC)
- Click Next.
- Pop Server = pop.irtc.net
- Under Outgoing Mail Server,
Go back to Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
Click IRTC, then Outgoing.
Under Primary Mail Server, verify that Authentication is set for password.
Change outgoing server port to 587.
- SMTP Server = mail.irtc.net
- Set up without using SSL? Click Yes.
- Go to Mail.
- New Account → Other (pop3/IMAP)
- Type in the email address and password.
- Click Manual Set Up.
- Incoming Settings
Type in the account name and your name.
Click Finish Setup.
- Username (example)
- SMTP Server = mail.irtc.net
- Security Type = none
- Server Port = 587